Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cheesecake anyone?

You know, after all this time of dating and marriage and then having two kids, I always knew that my hubby could cook.

The first time ( bermasak ah bukan lain!) was at my hostel (Yes, back then we could bring boys. Mana kira siapa warden nya pasal warden pun bawa boifren.. wahahaha) so there were times when Ham would cook for me in the kitchen after my classes. Also there was time one time when he would correct my way of peeling the garlic (buleh? Peeling garlic pun kana tagur?) I even thought he was abit “gayish” because he could cook. Thank god my mum back then told me “ Good what men can cook. No need to susah2 masak all the time!” hahahah I think that was one of the reasons she approved of me marrying this man. *blush*

Where is this going you might ask? Why all these? So what if a man can cook? Sakai kah ko Pat?

Well, sikit2 lah..

This is where I actually became really sakai. Let me rephrase the first paragraph

You know, after all these time of dating and marriage and then having two kids, I always knew that my hubby could cook but I never knew he could bake!!!. The man knows how to bake a cake!! Aku inda pandai!! Like this ah, I think I should not be called a woman lah seriously. Drop my waterface!

The first cake he made was a sponge cake. He made a Tiramitsu but that didn’t worked out to well because of the coffee. Ham never made it again and that was last year. This year however, he had made a Blueberry Cheese Cake and the chesse tasted marvelous! My inlaws was at my house when he baked. My sis inlaw sanggup tunggu another hour just so that she could taste the cake. She loved it. Except..for one thing. The biscuit base was burnt. It was a no-no to eat it because “Makan yang itam2 atu yang boleh bawa cancer” as hubby explains. Off to the trash it went.

Tonite at 8.00 pm, we tried making one again. Looks good. Cant wait for it to come out from the oven though. Will give you the verdict at the end of the blog. As im writing this, the cake is baking up in the oven! So while we wait, feel free to check out the pictures of the whole process.

Right. First things first. Read the recipe.

Ensure that all ingredients are available.

Showing off our brand new spatula. The old one broke when he did the first cake.

You know, I never knew you could melt a butter like this without burning it. Told you I'm sakai!


Sniffing the creamcheese. We're trying a new brand.

Putting everything together.

what does that look like to you? hehehe

At least there was one thing i could do. bash the butter biscuits to make the base. By the way, this brand tasted yummy!

Mixing away sayang!

Waiting for the cake to cook in the oven.

It's finished baking. you can tell how long we've been waiting by looking at the bowl of ciggies buds right infornt of the microwave. By the way, one of my neighbours is getting married tomorrow so right this moment they are having a blast because there is a live Gambus session going on. Sleep? Forget it. Not until they finish playing and dancing their hearts out!

Now we have to wait for another 4 hours to cool down before we can put blueberry on top!


Pour the blueberry and spread it all out.
The best thing about this is that I love blueberry cheesecake and hubby did this all for the love of me.I love you sayang!!! muaahhhzzz

Its 1.00am ladies and gents.. Esuk saja kami makan cake. Lets hope this time the base is not burnt at all. Updates next blog. See ya!

Bee-outch.

No comments: