Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Presenting...

...Our latest addition to the family ….

Mohammad Arman Bin Mohammad Hamdani :o)

Ok. This is how the actual event went.

It was 13th July, 5 am in the morning when I woke up to a very bad tummy ache. Ke jamban ku., Kan beria inda jua.. nada kelaur.. Kelaur angin got lah. So I went to bed thinking it was some bad wind or sumthing. But it was after every 30 minutes or so was when I suspect something was wrong. (note – When you have contractions, it starts with having pain at the end of your spine. I didn’t have those. Instead, I had lower abdomen pain so I just assumed I was not in labour)

5.45am – The pains gets closer. About 20-25 minutes intervals. I got up and showered. Scalp was itchy so I might as well washed my hair. Kan makan dimsum ku d soonlee so I had myself all nicely dressed for a nice morning breakfast.

6.45am – Still having the same pain at the 20-25 minutes intervals. Let me have my beaky first. Bought mum. Told her about the pain but was still confident enough that I was not going into labour. I even told my mum not to bring the labour bag! But I knew I had to go to the hospital that morning just to check and rule it out as a false alarm.

7.30am – Had breakfast and then mum drove me to the hospital. Uh-oh.. The pain is getting closer. Its now to 10-15 minutes interval. Before I went up to ward 6, I excused myself to have a wee first. That’s when I knew I was going to give birth that day. I had “show” (show = blood stains. Usually indicates that the baby is comingggggggg). Zoomed to the ward, told the nurse, had myself checked and guess what, I was dilating up to 6 cm!. nasib baik I went for breakfast! Hehehe Makan nyman2 sebelum pantang babe!

8.00-9.00am – on oxygen mask. Pain is unbearable. I had midwives sticking their fingers checking how wide I’ve opened. Not the most comfortable feeling you know. I mean they were sticking fingers up your vagina the same time when you’re having you’re contractions. Urghhh.. Sakit gila.

11.28am – Baby is finally out on 3.28kg, 54 cm. Syukur Alhamdullilah. It took me about 10 minutes to push. Hell is over. Thank god baby is safe, normal and healthy.

After the ordeal, I finally got admitted into my very private room to rest and recover. Hubby only got back on Monday evening as he was away for work. Kesian my hubby. He wanted so bad to be with me in the labour room. I wished he was there too. But I’d probarly pulled his hair during pushing though.

Little did I know, Baby Arman developed Jaundice on our 3rd day of stay in the hospital which is normally common but can be vary fatal is left unsupervised. Days of breastfeeding, endless nights, horrible hospital food, crying baby, checking on baby while he recovers in an incubator to lower down his levels of Jaundice. There was this breaking point when I wanted to go home on the 6th day but we weren’t allowed because the very day that we were allowed to be discharged, it was a Friday. What does that means? Friday is an off day. Patients of 1st class are not allowed to be discharged until the necessary papers are arranged. To do that the admin office has to be opened. But it was a damn Friday. So cannot balik lah. I cried that whole day (at the same time praying I wasn’t going to go into post-natal depression . Nauzbillah).

I think the nurses knew about it, I had all the nurses checking up on me every hour to see whether I was emotionally ok. Sweet people though but horrible Hospital protocol. BODOH! CHIBAI! I had to pay an extra $50 just because the admin office didn’t buka.

But for now, I’m glad I’m finally home with the baby. Aiman is coping up with his new sibling and we cant help noticing that he strives attention from his father 24 hours.Thank god for my hubby who is soooooooooooooooooo cooperative and loving enough to attend to both his kids and wife. Syukur Alhamdullilah.

Remember the last post about my bday present?

Finally I have it. Its all here.. My family and my firends. :o)

I thank everyone for their supports and prayers. I love you all!



Baby Arman


sleeping in his incubator


my heart breaks when i see him in there but suprisingly, he sleeps longer in that thing. must be the warm air.


hubby taking his turn to rest. He and mum accompanied me in the hospital.


just a mummy and sonny moment.

Two kids are enough for now lah.. hehehehe

Bee-outch.

6 comments:

Jazzy Baby said...

wahhhh chaboh....congrats.. i knew it when you didnt upload your blog..and i said.. uh oh.. garenti kan beranak ni.. I cant wait for the moment... wahahhahaha.. and true what i said.. cutteeee arman.. but cant tell who he look like yet.. mcm cina puchau jua.. but too soon to say..hehhee..congrats girl... post more pics of aiman and arman together... :)

HotMaMa said...

hehehehe yawah? sorry ah didnt msg you to let you know i branak.. I was soooo tired ani bah. No wonder they give maternity leave 70 days. you really need to use that time to rest, adjust, and also exercise! heheh bah chaboh.. bila dancing? August 15 im going back to classes tu. So i'd probarly dance in the mornings kali for now. As long i lose some weight lah. the rest slowly2 also can. Sure thing.. just wait for the upcoming post. Im trying to get pics of Aiman trying to kipak his younger brother! aduuuh!

Anonymous said...

Patyyy at this point ryt now..Baby Arman looks lyk his daddy ehehhe must be the mata :-) gipun all the pics u uploaded semua u guys tutup mata..hehehe kes tired abis lah tue congrats again love!

HotMaMa said...

hehehehehe yatah bah.. tunggu sebulan lah... see who he looks like this time! hehehe

Effy said...

I see alot of additional things in your blog, ada traffic feed, youtube la and what's this? A new baby? Hmm.. hahaha.. the anak cina! dua lagi pat.. pompuan la this time

HotMaMa said...

zaman dah berubah.. aku yang lagging kan simpan all this things...ehehehhe *bluch*.. eh.. two is enough eh..